Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quick Update

Hi, everyone!  I just wanted to let you know that Hannah did get discharged yesterday.  It took most of the day, but she did get back to us - and was able to eat!  No small victory!!

She has made the decision to go back to the U.S.  I think she felt overwhelmed and frightened, since she still is not sure what got her so terribly sick.  We don't think it was anything from our house, but she was planning to change houses after this week, and was worried about that.  She had planned to search for a job, but that isn't fun at the best of times, and when you've been knocked down by lots of sickness, it's even less appealing!

Her mom booked her a flight leaving tonight from Guatemala City.  I am sad that she's leaving, but thankful that she feels relieved to be going back.  I know that being home with her mom will help get her fully well. 

Even though we didn't get to spend much time together, I praise God for allowing our paths to intersect.  It was a good reminder of how important it is to try and see the world - and those I encounter! - with the eyes of Jesus.

Thanks for your prayers and concern.  One of the things I love most is how even though you don't know Hannah, you are still willing to lift her up!  What a powerful thing the Body of Christ is when we pour out our concerns for each other to our loving Father! 

The sun is out, so I'm off to read El Caballo y El Muchacho (The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis).

No comments:

Post a Comment