Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

Be Still:  Dear Father, thank you that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  Please help us to stay on the side of truth by listening to Him.  In Jesus’ name, through the power of the Holy Spirit, Amen

Be Strengthened:  John 18:35-40
35"Am I a Jew?" Pilate replied. "It was your people and your chief priests who handed you over to me. What is it you have done?"
36Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."
37"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."
38"What is truth?" Pilate asked. With this he went out again to the Jews and said, "I find no basis for a charge against him. 39But it is your custom for me to release to you one prisoner at the time of the Passover. Do you want me to release 'the king of the Jews'?"
40They shouted back, "No, not him! Give us Barabbas!" Now Barabbas had taken part in a rebellion.

Be Stretched:  Jesus told Pilate that He came to testify to the truth.  Pilate responded with, ‘what is truth?’  How would you answer that question?  Jesus said everyone on the side of truth listens to Him.  We probably all like to believe we are on the side of truth.  Take some time to ponder how well you are doing in listening to Jesus.  Ask the Holy Spirit to help you be honest about any situations where you are not listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment