Saturday, June 25, 2011

To the God of all Nations

This is my song, O God of all nations,
   a song of peace for lands afar, and mine.
This is my hope, the country where my heart is,
   this is my hope, my dream and my shrine.
But other hearts in other lands are beating
   with hopes and dreams that are the same as mine.
My country’s skies are bluer than the ocean,
   the sunlight beams on clover leafs and pine;
but other lands have sunlight too, and clover,
   and other skies are just as blue as mine.
O hear my prayer, thou God of all the nations,
   a prayer of peace for other lands and mine.
Anon (from Hear Our Prayer, my favorite collection of prayers)
The Lord willing, I will be in Guatemala when this is published.  I’ll be seeing new sights, new trees, new skies.  More than that, I’ll be seeing new faces, the faces of people who are created in God’s image.  I can’t wait to meet some of those ‘other hearts’ and share my hope in Jesus with them! 
I can’t wait to hear them sing their songs for peace, and to share with them that our loving God rejoices over them with singing.  Through Jesus, the God of all nations sings over us, and invites us to echo His anthem, teaching others to take up the melody, too.  What a privilege to be called to join in!! 
I hope to write soon from Guatemala, although I’m not sure what my internet will be like.  So, please be patient!  I’ll try to send a picture of my room and other things so you get a feel for this ‘other land’.  All for You, God of all nations, all for Your glory Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!     

No comments:

Post a Comment