Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fourth Sunday in Lent

Be Still:  Dear Father, thank you that Jesus was willing to lose His life for our salvation and Your glory.  May we glorify His name today and always.  In Jesus’ name, through the power of the Holy Spirit, Amen

Be Strengthened:  John 17:1-9
1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.

5“And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

6"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.”

Be Stretched:  Jesus said eternal life is knowing God and knowing Jesus Christ.  Do you know the Triune God?  If so, worship Him, and take some time to pray for those you love who may not yet know Him.  If not, make today the day you pray that through the Holy Spirit you will learn to know Him.  Ask the Spirit to give you the ability to believe God sent Jesus to die for your sins.  Thank God that Jesus is praying for us, even now, at His Father’s right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment