Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 24

Be Still:  Dear Father, we confess that we do not always live in unity.  Forgive us for those times we do not love each other as You love Jesus, and us.  In Jesus’ name, through the power of the Holy Spirit, Amen

Be Strengthened:  John 17:20-26
20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

22“I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

Be Stretched:  The history of the Church through the ages has not always been one of unity.  Why do you think it is so difficult for us to be one?  Today spend time in prayer for the Church throughout the world.  If you are a member of a church, pray for your church family.  As you pray for other believers, the Holy Spirit may place someone on your heart.  Perhaps they need a phone call or card.  Or, perhaps you need to reconcile with someone.  Ask the Holy Spirit to give you His words and His strength to reach out today as He prompts you.

No comments:

Post a Comment