Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 21

Be Still:  Dear Father, thank you that although we may mourn living in this fallen world, You have promised our grief will one day turn to joy.  May we live in that hope.  In Jesus’ name, through the power of the Holy Spirit, Amen

Be Strengthened:  John 16:12-22
12"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you. 

 16In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me."  17Some of his disciples said to one another, "What does he mean by saying, 'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me,' and 'Because I am going to the Father'?" 18They kept asking, "What does he mean by 'a little while'? We don't understand what he is saying."

19Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, "Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, 'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me'? 20I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. 21A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 22So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.”

Be Stretched:  Jesus said a lot of things that confused the disciples.  When things about Jesus and His words confuse you, do you feel comfortable telling Him?  Why or why not?  Spend some time in prayer, asking the Holy Spirit to help you ask your questions.  You might also consider reaching out to a trusted pastor or spiritual mentor to share your confusion.  In all things, pray in the knowledge that Jesus loves you and through the Spirit will guide you into all truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment