Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 12

Be Still:  Dear Father, please help us to have humility and to serve others for Your glory.  In Jesus’ name, through the power of the Holy Spirit, Amen

Be Strengthened:  John 13:12-21
12When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. 13"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
18"I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill the scripture: 'He who shares my bread has lifted up his heel against me.'
19"I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am He. 20I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me."  21After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified, "I tell you the truth, one of you is going to betray me."

Be Stretched:  Jesus set an example for how we are to live.  He then said since we now know these things, we will be blessed if we do them.  Pray that He will help you not only to know, but also to do, what He has shown.  Ask the Holy Spirit to bring to mind someone that you can serve in Christian love today.  Then, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment